Certified Playground Safety Institute
March 17, 2021 - March 17, 2021
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Online Prep Course (12 hour)
Virtual Learning Session (4 hours)
All exams to be taken at a computer testing facility or via remote proctoring
UPDATES FOR 2021
In order to prioritize their health and safety, NRPA is still not permitting CPSI instructors to travel and will not be scheduling in-person courses for the foreseeable future. Instead, they will continue to provide a blended learning option for this year.
The CPSI Blended Course is comprised of two steps: the completion of the CPSI Online Prep Course followed by a Live Virtual Course led by a CPSI Instructor.
CPSI ONLINE PREP COURSE:
- Course participants will receive an email with information on how to access the CPSI Online Prep Course.
- The CPSI Online Prep Course is self-paced, approximately 12 hours in length and it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you complete this at least 24 hours prior to the live virtual training session.
VIRTUAL LEARNING SESSION:
- One-day, 4-hour virtual training course done via Zoom and led by a CPSI Instructor.
- Participants have the choice of one of the two following dates: March 17, 2021 OR March 31, 2021 from 8:00 am - 12:00 pm EST.
- Seats for the Live Virtual Course will be allotted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Note regarding flexibility of dates: There is a minimum of 5 participants necessary for each virtual learning course. If fewer than 5 people register for one of the dates, it will be necessary to combine all of the participants into one session.
- Participants that are registered for the CPSI exam will now be taking the exam at a local computer testing center or via remote proctoring.
- Check the link below to find testing locations near you: https://online.goamp.com/CandidateHome/displayTCList.aspx?pExamID=20879
- Participants will receive an email with information on how to schedule the exam approximately one week prior to the Live Virtual Course.
- COURSE-ONLY REGISTRANTS will only participate in the ONLINE PREP and LIVE VIRTUAL COURSES. You will not sign up for the exam.
- EXAM-ONLY REGISTRANTS will only be taking the exam. You will not receive course materials or online course information.
- Participants must complete BOTH the CPSI Online Learning course and the CPSI Virtual Learning Session to receive CEUs.
- Once a participant has started the online learning course and/or opened the wrapping on their books, no refunds will be issued for course.
- Registration is on a first-paid, first-served basis.
- A minimum of 20 participants is required to run the class.
- Notification of class cancellation, if needed, will be two weeks prior to the start of the course.
- This course has been approved for 1.5 CEU Credits (CEU fee is included in registration fee)
- Participants have 180 days from registration date to access and complete the 12-hour online prep course.
- Course participants must complete the 4-hour Zoom instructional meeting.
- Participants will have 83 days following the zoom meeting to take the computer based exam.
The CPSI Course is a must for parks & recreation professionals, park maintainers & DPW staff, school maintenance staff, facility managers, playground manufacturers and installers, insurance agencies, day care centers, and others responsible for playgrounds. Register now to learn from expert instructors and network with other professionals from the field, protect children from injury due to playground hazards, and reduce your agency's liability and take your career to the next level.